Environmental Policy, Product Care
Recochem’s Environmental Commitment
Responsible corporate citizenship must make profitability and sustainable development a by-product of care for the welfare of our planet, our employees and all who share in our business ventures.
The Management and Staff of Recochem Group of Companies have agreed with this ethic and:
1. We resolve to manage chemical products in a manner that protects the environment and the health and safety of people.
2. We resolve to continuously evaluate raw materials and end products with the goal of reducing risks to people and the environment, while still maintaining the effectiveness and competitive position of the product.
3. We resolve to continue to reduce our packaging and materials used to minimize generation of waste, both during production and through the life of the product.
4. We resolve to increase our use of recycled materials to the optimum that is technically feasible without sacrificing the integrity of our products and containers, while meeting the demands of the marketplace.
5. We resolve to transport and present our products in a manner that reduces risk throughout the chain to the end users.
Responsible Care® was designed by the Canadian Chemical Producers’ Association to address public concerns about chemicals by creating a system to manage risk throughout the life cycle of chemicals. Recochem is committed to the principles of Responsible Care®.
- We are stewards of our products and services during their life cycles in order to protect people and the environment.
- We are accountable to the public, who have the right to understand the risks and benefits of what we do and to have their input heard.
- We respect all people.
- We work together to improve continuously.
- We work for effective laws and standards, and will meet or exceed them in letter and spirit.
- We inspire others to commit themselves to the principles of Responsible Care®.
Municipal Hazardous and Special Waste
Recochem has a strong relationship with MHSW (Municipal Hazardous and Special Waste) and keeps up to date with all MHSW developments.
MHSW Diversion Program Plan: http://www.stewardshipontario.ca/mhsw/pdf/plan/MHSW_plan_nov_30.pdf
Stewardship Ontario Website: http://www.stewardshipontario.ca
Stewardship Ontario ‘Do What You Can’ Program: http://www.dowhatyoucan.ca